This course is suitable for First Aiders who work in higher hazard industries such as warehousing and engineering or if any of the following illnesses are present in the workplace – heart conditions, epilepsy, anaphylaxis, diabetes and asthma. The attendee MUST already hold a full First Aid at Work certificate to attend.
We are able to refresh all First Aiders holding the full First Aid at Work certificate regardless of where they first trained as long as their certificate is current or within 28 days of the expiry date.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries;
- administer first aid to a casualty with…
- chest injuries;
- burns and scalds;
- eye injuries;
- sudden poisoning;
- anaphylactic shock;
- recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes)
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).