Manual Handling of People
Minimum of 5 hours
This is a practical course and attendees will be expected to demonstrate their competence in the moving techniques outlined below
Aim: To provide instruction in the principles of Safer People Handling techniques and explain the legislative and physiological factors affecting Manual Handling Operations
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the role of relevant legislation and guidelines relating to safe moving and handling
- Describe how the musculoskeletal system can be used effectively to reduce the risk of injury and contribute to efficient moving and handling
- Explain safer handling principles and techniques
- State how they will safely and effectively solve moving and handling problems in their workplace
- Describe the factors affected by Regulation 13
- Explain the importance of keeping & up-dating patient care plans
- Complete a case study care plan with group discussion
- Demonstrate the following patient handling manoeuvres using one or two carers
- Sit to stand
- Seat to seat
- Laying to seated
- Bed to bed
Hoist training may be available on your premises — please call to discuss
On our premises: £95 per person + VAT
Get Our Free Report!
Are you confused about what course you need, how many and what level of First Aiders is appropriate for your business? Just complete your details…
Book your course now...
Premium quality first aid training at an affordable price. We have many courses currently open for booking, but act fast because places are limited.
or contact us